26 January 2014

Squat sesh - 1/25/2014



Today's squat sesh was deceptively simple, yet full of substance. Had a rack surprisingly to myself, but my shit was oddly high today- I usually have to work for parallel, but some of these were nasty.


This was set four or five, I think


Got some more pointers from Christian that I need to work on, namely on opening the hips to help hit parallel, recruit more musculature, and drive the squat up. Need to work on this more going forward and work on getting some calls on parallel so I can improve my proprioception.

Also, Jordan gave me a Reese's stick.

As to the sesh itself, simple as she was, here's what occurred:

  • DE squat - 8x2x185lbs + 1.5 chains/side
  • Deathlift - 5x135lbs, 5x185lbs, 3x5x225lbs, 3x5x275lbs

That's right folks.

I deadlifted today.

First time since at least September, if not August.




I had made up my mind before I left the house this morning that I was going to get back to the deathlifting, and I had no real goal in mind aside from getting in some reps without the belt as accessory work. I expected them to be down with the lack of work over the last few months, but it was good to get back to pulling. Always need more back work...

and as a confession...

the paranoid girl in me is pretty sure that my traps are shrinking.

Christian gave me half a Pop Tart (tee em). Pretty sure it was full of steroids, because after I ate it I finished my protein shake, and got totally jacked.

Bro.

Metal.




Shumern, Housetown

Oh, almost forgot the best apart.

So I deadlifted, right? Whenever I deadlift, I almost always take off my wedding ring and go about my merry business. So yeah, did that, lifted, took off. Got home, took the daughter human in the backyard to play and swing, etc. Looked down at my hand and realized I left it at the gym, and all I said was

"We have to go."

And of course, my daughter busted me out as soon as we got inside.

"MOM! DAD LEFT HIS RING AT THE GYM AGAIN!"

Which was awesome, because I have never actually left my ring at the gym.

Thanks, kiddo.

Luckily, Christian had found it on the squat box I left it on (as opposed to putting it in my gym bag like I normally do) and set it up at the front desk.

Thanks, Christian.


At least she got to play on her favorite tires...

No comments: