20 January 2014

Squat sesh - 1/20/14

It's a squat sesh... it's a squat sesh... it's a mother grabbin' mother grabbin' squat sesh...

Today went reasonably well, I think- lemonade out of lemons and all that.

Went into work a bit early so I got out early and headed to the jamesnasium, only to find it rather full with team lifters and other folk getting their strong on. Helped spot a couple sets and went and changed, only to discover I had left my Chucks at home. Looks like it was squat in socks or squat in Romaleos, which I wasn't really wanting to do today.

Fuck it, we'll do it live. Romaleos it is.




Get changed, get warmed up.  ALRIGHT! READY TO...

wait.

For a minute.

Yeah, I can spot.

Oh wait, you're using the Elite SS Yoke bar.

Guess who has two thumbs and is now going to be squatting with the Yoke Bar?

THIS GUY!|

Oh, and random other lifter guy (buddy Danny, the D Train, etc - good dude) that is more than welcome to squat with me? You want to work in with me?

LET'S MUH GRABBIN' DO THIS SHIZZLE!

Here's what occurred in this gorram ME squat extravaganza:

  • Squat with SS Yoke Bar to Elite box at bottom setting with black pad - worked up to 2x3x292lbs
  • Same for accessory - 3x5x242lbs
  • Buffalo bar wide stance good mornings - 3x10x135lbs

First time using the newer yoke bar, and I forgot how much I like using the older one we have and how much a of a bitch it can be.




This is yet another movement I need to do more often- really smoked the back and made for some good work.

Oh, and while I am a soft pile of poo, Buffalo Bar wide stance good mornings in Romaleos are freaking weird, but potentially good. Need to try them again when my back isn't too fatigued.

Ha ha, I know, right?

METAL!




And then I ate steak.

Boom.

No comments: