12 January 2014

Bench sesh 1/12/14, a little core work and, of course, some metal, YAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Back to bench seshes, eh. Got back into some proper dynamic effort stuffs- been a while since I have done proper banded bench work. August, maybe?





At any rate, here is what occurred:

  • DE Bench - 8x3x95lbs + EliteFTS "Intense" Onyx band per side
  • OHP - 3x12xbar
  • Lat pulldown, wide grip - 4x12x100lbs
  • JM press - 4x10xbar
  • Band pull apart - 4x15, same band as above
  • Barbell curl in the squat rack - 3x20xbar

Here's a video of first set with 95lbs - should have been a set of three but I was unhappy with one of those reps and hit a fourth.

Also, belly. Enjoy that business.



Eight sets of three with about 45 seconds rest between sets fatigued the shoulder and triceps on the injured left side pretty well so I went reasonably light with the accessory work and just kept working toward fatigue.

Played a little with my foot position as well, wish I would have gotten video of it specifically. Got a tip from my buddy Todd on the powerlifting team, who I think got it from his buddy, Ambre, but essentially the idea is that if you use a feet in front bench position, you pigeon toe or kick your heels out so that your feet forward and a little out against the sides of your feet. This, in turn helps drive the hips down instead of up as you push your leg drive, helping eliminate the dreaded ass of the bench. Seemed to work pretty well as soon as the back and hips get locked in, will try to get some video of it in next session.

Later tonight I will revisit some of the core work I did the other night. I am blaming part of the shitty squat day the other day on diminished core strength from disuse over the last few months, so I am attempting to get it rolling again. The other night was a little circuit of planks and Supermans- 30 second plank, 30 second rest, 30 second Superman, 30 second rest times six. Nice little circuit and it showed me, once again, that I gots work to do.

So there you go, back to the dynamic and back to some core work.

Huzzah!



Not mention the fact that today, post bath time, my daughter decided it was pirate time.


You'll note the pink sunglasses.

Quoth she: "They're like two eye patches at the same time. That I can see through."

Can't fault that logic.

No comments: