29 December 2013

Rehab 12/28, squat sesh 12/29, some metal, and oh snap!

Bench sesh the other day seemed to go decently, but it was a reminder that I neglected the shit out of my rehab work for the ol' shoulder. With the recent time off of work and starting the new year soon I will be hitting it back up in earnest. I actually remembered to get some rehab in last night for the shoulders, hitting the typical band work all with the blue Thera-band I got months ago from the PT-

  • High row - 2x25
  • Mid row - 2x25
  • Low row - 2x25
  • External rotations - 3x20

Not the most difficult work, but it did get my traps lit up (held them contracted during the movements to cut them out as active movers) but it needs to get done. May need to get a new band for these as the ol' blue band seems to be getting weak.

Booyah.

Couple scoops of ON gold standard whey and on to bed.





On to the squat sesh this morning. One day I'll remember to get video on the reg for you on these squat sessions. That day will probably be the day I get my numbers back to where they need to be so chill out.

Gah.

First squat session since November, so let's see what occured:

  • Little warm up, worked up to 3x3x275lbs to parallel box
  • Wide stance good morning - 4x10x135lbs, another 10x155 as some of the brosefs came in and I let them get there warm ups in on my rack
  • Band abduction - 4x20 w/ doubled over Elite pro mini band (red band)
  • Isolated upper back extension - 5x10 w/two chains over my shoulders (40lbs?)
  • Leg press - 10x315lbs, 10x405lbs, 3x10x495lbs

Will admit that I had more in me as far as poundage in the squat went, but I could feel my upper back fatiguing and starting to round. Going to attack that with accessory work and keep rolling.

Hips felt pretty good overall, a little tight in the widest stance so I brought my feet in about an inch or so each from widest to get my parallel. Also got to see a bunch of the team guys and hang out a little bit.


Jim putting in the hard work.

In other news, this happened. 



Okay, so it was a different spider. 


Turn away now if you're squeamish.


No seriously.


It's pretty gnarly.


UFC 168 last night. Anderson Silva versus Chris Weidman.


If you hadn't already heard.


It was this.




So I'm not a huge Silva fan anyway, but it's a bummer to see him have to retire for this wicked of an injury.

'Twas a good run, sir. 

No comments: