10 September 2013

Ch-ch-ch-ch-CHANGES...

Turn around and face the... strange?

I know, I know... sorry, Mr. Bowie.

We had some talk recently amongst the powerlifting team as to solidifying and tightening the team up, unifying subgroups, etc, and I realized that as much as I love the team, I would soon not be able to dedicate 100% to the team. With the end of year holidays quickly approaching, my work typically gets extremely busy and the schedule is spotty at best, so training times get harder and harder to make, etc.

I could say "fuck it" to work and walk away to something else that paid less that MIGHT have better hours more suited to team training times, but I am not really able to do that and as much as I love my team, I love my family more and ensuring food on the table, bills are paid, etc, is more of a priority to me than training with the team.

Add to that the fact that my rehab is ongoing and while I can train, I cannot compete at this level and will not be able to for the foreseeable future.

That all said, I have let the ladies and germs on the team know that I will more than likely be leaving the team as of the meet in a few weeks. I am not the happiest about it, but I think it is right and fair to the team and myself for now. I intend to continue training and rehabbing, at my gym, on a regular schedule as much as I can and remain dedicated to the pursuit of moar power. I just can't do it at the expense of my training partners. We have had guys that join the team, show up every so often, half ass it, then eventually start showing up whenever they feel like it. I'm not going to be that guy. I have way too much respect for David, the team, and the gym.

So until I get a job that does not entail being out of training for large swaths of time...


The game ain't changed, just how and with whom I play it.

No comments: