16 August 2013

Update and Unsane

Few weeks in to PT, sounds like only another week or so to go then on to straight up rehab. Think I have mentioned it before, but talking to the PT, he thinks the nerve impingement is taken care of but any nerve damage will take up to two years to heal. Let's hope that isn't the case, as nerves heal/repair at the rate of about a millimeter a day. Still have minor ache in the shoulder and sub-scapular area with just a little numbness in the forefinger and thumb of my left hand. 

If we use that as a gauge of a potential timeline, that will take... ummmmmmmm... about a billion years to heal up. 
I am not overly enthused about it BUT it is not forever. I will heal. I will continue and get deeper into rehab. 

That said, I talked briefly with my PL coach the other day and I think I am going to be coming off of at least team programming and concentrating a little more on rehabbing the bad arm instead of meet prep. Until I can get what I would even consider a token bench press number there is really no reason in training for a meet. Reps and 5/3/1 are looking pretty good right now. While this is a bit of a shitter, I do have a loose game plan and when I come out the other side of it, I should have the most jacked rotator cuffs in town. :P

AND here's some Unsane for that derriere


Otherwise it's largely been pretty quiet. Home is pretty good, wife is good, daughter started pre-k4 last week and we got a new air conditioning system.

That's my 50lb pit mix, Leeloo, in front of part of it. It's pricey, but pretty flipping awesome in the Memphis summer. And hey, what's another $100 some dollar note a month, amirite? >fart< 

Till next time.

No comments: