07 July 2014

Training Sesh 7/1: Deathlift 3s and OHP



Quick sesh report harkening back to the grand old time of last week, and back to early mornings. Per last training session report, I recently split the bench out due to the shoulder issues the other day, so followed that up on this sesh with the deathlifts. This was a "three" day.

I also remembered that with my back and shoulder rehab going on, I should probably add in some overhead work, so we can go ahead and throw presses back in there, as well.

Here is what occurred:

  • Warm up, stretch - about ten minutes
  • Deathlift, semi sumo - 2x5x135lbs, 5x185llbs, 3x225lbs, 3x275lbs, 3x305lbs, 5x335lbs
  • Overhead press - 10xbar, 7x95lbs, 5x115lbs
  • OHP drop set - 5x95lbs, 5x75lbs, 5x65lbs, 5x55lbs, 5xbar
  • Reverse hyper - 4x10x90lbs
  • Dimel deadlift - 3x15x135lbs

Deathlifts didn't go quite like I wanted, but it was early morning.

I need to find that one weird trick to training in the mornings.

Serum and death metal only go so far.

Got some extra reps in on top of the scheduled three, but should have been able to get more. Maybe it's the strain in the low back, maybe it's the morning, but everything just felt disjointed. Also used a belt for some reason, probably still favoring the low back a little. I have also had a dull pain deep in my left glute (insert LOLs here), feels like it's in the joint.

I know.


I need 2CCs test c, stat!


But, surprisingly, didn't actually seem to affect anything- maybe made the pulls a little more diffucult than they should have been, but couldn't really feel an increase in pain at the top of the deathlifts or at the top of my sets of hypers.

And I actually wanted to do hypers.

Strange.

Here's the last working set of deads, 5x335lbs. You can see where the belt tab was getting in the way after rep one, I checked to make sure it was tucked into the loop/keeper, then said eff it and went with the set anyway:





More fun was had with overhead press. Just worked up to 5x115lbs, but you can see where I am pressing to the left, the injured side, like the elbow is trying to chicken wing out. Need to work on that, maybe add in some unilateral dumbbell or kettlebell presses to help even that out. More work on the stabilizers needed as well to get that thing out front and set.





Reasons why Jason's (chiro/PT homey) eyes lit up a week or three ago when I was talking about the injury and rehab.

Still need to have a visit with him at some point.

More band work, more manipulation and stim.

Yay.

Go forth and check this out, because I've been on a Doomriders kick. Warning to my epileptic/seizure prone friends: lots of strobey things.





Destroy.


No comments: