25 July 2013

Progress... Ish....

So the back/shoulder issue is healing up, albeit slowly. Not as much pain or numbness in the shoulder/arm/fingers but the strength is not back yet. I have been trying to bench with it, but there is just no real drive. Keeping up with sessions, doing some tricep work otherwise and a lot of back work, but the other day I couldn't get a 30lb kettlebell off my shoulder for pressing, had to roll with my 20lb bell. I'll keep working with it, but September is looking less and less likely barring a rapid turn around. I have been in class with work eight hours a day recently so I haven't gotten any further medical assessment or treatment other than the chiro work previously, but hope to get some more assessment done next week.

Otherwise, squat is feeling pretty good, which should mean the deadlift is moving in the right direction. With the extra accessory work, the back is feeling better and more stable and I have gotten a bit wider in the stance and more flexible in the hips.

Gotta be a plus somewhere, right?

More as it develops...

No comments: